ANNA Connected – Code of Conduct
Discussion Group and Private Message Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our discussion group community. To ensure the best possible experience for all discussion group members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By using these discussion groups, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve discussion group discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about ANNA Connected should be directed to ANNA’s National Office.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, ANNA Connected reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules. If you have questions, contact ANNA’s National Office.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention or defamation. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages on any discussion group.
- Do not send commercial messages to members via private messages.
- Do not post messages about job opportunities in discussion groups, and do not send job offers through private messages.
- Do not promote membership in other organizations or promote attendance at non-ANNA meetings.
- Do not use discussion groups to campaign for any ANNA office or endorse specific candidates.
- Do not post surveys, conduct market research, or solicit members to participate in special projects.
- Use caution when discussing products. Many discussion group postings are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal conversations or materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a discussion group message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that ANNA Connected and other discussion group participants have the right to reproduce postings to this discussion group.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate discussion group(s). Do not spam several discussion groups with the same message.
- Chapters are encouraged to promote chapter educational meetings through ANNA Connected; however, ANNA does not permit the promotion of any program that is competitive in time or location to ANNA’s National Symposium, Fall Meeting, or bi-annual Audio Conferences.
- ANNA Connected reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire discussion group when it contains information that will benefit everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the discussion group. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” through the discussion group. Instead, go to your “Subscription settings” to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you have a change to your email address, contact ANNA’s National Office to update this information in the ANNA database.
- Warn other discussion group subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
These discussion groups are provided as a service of ANNA Connected for the membership. ANNA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ANNA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ANNA or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ANNA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal conversations or materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ANNA and users of this discussion group the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ANNA Connected does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ANNA National Office staff, ANNA staff will take all appropriate action.
ANNA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.